INTERPOL – Request for access to data & information in INTERPOL’S files about Israeli citizens | Correction or Deletion of data in INTERPOL’S files | Inquiry about inclusion of Israeli citizens in Interpol’s wanted persons list
- As part of our legal services, our law office submits requests for access to data and information in INTERPOL’S files about Israeli citizens and requests for correction or deletion of data about Israeli citizens in INTERPOL’S files.
INTERPOL – Who they are and what they do
- Interpol is the world’s largest international police organization with 192 member states. Its role is to serve as a platform for international cooperation between the police authorities of the member states of the organization and for realizing the organization’s vision of “creating a safer world”.
- In essence, it is a police intelligence organization that collects and processes international criminal intelligence for use by the police authorities in the member states of the organization.
- The official name of the organization is “ICPO-INTERPOL”.
“ICPO” is an abbreviation of the International Criminal Police Organization, that is, the International Criminal Police Organization.
- The name Interpol is short for International Police and was chosen in 1946 as the abbreviation for the name of the organization.
The Commission for the Control of Interpol’s Files
- The Commission for the Control of Interpol’s Files (CCF) is an independent body responsible for processing personal data at Interpol.
- Among other things, this committee is responsible for handling applications for access, correction and / or deletion of data in Interpol’s information system.
- By law, any person or entity, referred to as “Applicant”, has the right to file an application with the Commission to:
- Access data in Interpol files;
- Correct and / or delete data in Interpol files.
- The CCF decides on petitions filed by suspects seeking the revocation of “red notices” issued in their name and their inclusion in the international “Wanted persons” list for arrest and extradition.
Request for information from Interpol | Request to correct or delete inclusion in Interpol files
- The applicant must meet the threshold conditions set by Interpol for submission of the application.
- The application may be submitted by an attorney, who must hold an appropriate power of attorney.
- The application must be submitted in one of the following languages: English, Arabic, French or Spanish.
- After meeting various threshold conditions, the applicant must specify in his application (inter alia) the following:
- The purpose of the application: Access to Interpol databases, request to correct or delete date or to review date included in Interpol’s databases.
- Details about the applicant.
- A specific power of attorney for the attorney representing the application.
- The facts underlying the request.
- Documents supporting the request.
An example of a case handled by our law firm – obtaining an official statment from Interpol stating that our Israeli client is not included in Interpol’s database
- An Israeli citizen who had been in trouble outside the State of Israel was interrogated by the local police, but before he was criminally prosecuted, he returned to Israel.
- Upon the client’s return to Israel — due to his legal complications abroad — he lived in fear of leaving Israel’s borders.
- The client retained our legal services to find out on his behalf whether he was included in Interpol’s databases, and if there was an international declaration labeling him as a wanted person.
- Our legal team submitted a request on behalf of the client to the CCF (i.e., the Interpol Monitoring Committee).
- In response, a CCF Secretary notified our law office that our request was found to be admissible; the committee adequately looked into the client’s inquiries and found no information regarding the client in Interpol databases.
- After receiving this information, the client was able to leave Israel’s borders without fear.
- This response, sent to our law firm by Interpol Commission secretary may be seen below, excluding any identifying details of our client.
The Law Office of Israeli Criminal Defense Attorney Guy Flanter
- We are a criminal & Military defense law firm, based in Israel.
- We handle Interpol related cases regarding Israeli citizens and submit on their behalf various requests including requests for information, correction or deletion of data in Interpol files.
- For more information about us please see: Israeli Criminal & Military Defense Law Firm.
Israeli Criminal Defense Lawyer | IDF Israeli Military Attorney | Criminal & Military Defense Law Firm in Israel
INTERPOL – Request for access to data and information in INTERPOL’S files about Israeli citizens | Correction or Deletion of data in INTERPOL’S files | Inquiry about inclusion of Israeli citizens in Interpol’s wanted persons list